The Small Business Administration is offering FREE SCHOLARSHIPS to Coley’s Federal Market Acceleration Program (FedMAP™) though a 7(j) Management and Technical Assistance Grant. Find out more about this program to see if this program can help you and your business.
What is FedMAP™?
Coley’s Federal Market Acceleration Program (FedMAP™) is the only experiential, multi-modal cohort training program available to government contractors focused on accelerating a company’s entry or expansion into the Federal Market. FedMAP™ uses a hands-on approach guided by an experienced Capture Coach that takes participants through the entire process of developing and implementing a Capture Strategy Plan using a real-life contract opportunity that’s specific to each participating company. As a result, FedMAP provides a peer-accountable, hands-on experience that ends with the knowledge and skills needed to win government contracts.
FedMAP™ is a four-month, online program that includes the following features:
- Monthly Cohort Meetings are led by an experienced Capture Coach that leverages the groups collective experience to accelerate each participant’s knowledge and understanding of real-world application of activities that lead to success.
- Monthly One-to-One Coaching Sessions with Coley’s experienced Capture Coaches
- 24/7 Access to the FedMAP™ Online Community that includes training courses, templates, resources, and group forums
How is FedMAP™ better than traditional training programs?
Coley’s FedMAP™ curriculum includes proven methodologies that lead to successful outcomes in pursuit of federal government contracts. During our many years of experience training Government Agencies and Private Companies we have come to understand that training delivered in traditional manners, such as classroom, webinar, and online is able to impart knowledge, but cannot transfer the “how” that can only come by “doing.”
FedMAP™ not only provides the knowledge of the capture planning process, our program guides participants through the process using a real-life opportunity resulting in retained knowledge and an understanding of how to actually implement a capture plan, which can only be learned by going through the process
How much does FedMAP™ cost?
ITS FREE to eligible small business firms under Coley’s SBA 7(j) Management and Technical Support Grant # SBAHQ19J0013
Who should participate in the FedMAP™?
The appropriate participants for our FedMAP™ Program are those responsible a company’s business development success, which could include the business owner, company executives, program managers, capture managers, or business development leads.
Who is eligible to participate in the Free FedMAP™ Program?
Firms eligible to receive 7(j) services must meet one or more of the following:
- SBA 8(a) certified;
- SBA HUBZone certified;
- Firm Located in a HUBZone (not SBA certified);
- Economically Disadvantaged Women Owned Small Business (EDWOSB);
- Owned by a socially and economically disadvantaged individual;
- Located in a high unemployment or low income area, as defined in the S. Census Bureau’s County and City Data Book and in the Poverty Guidelines issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Meaning that my county’s OR metropolitan area’s annualized unemployment rate exceeds the national annualized unemployment rate. Refer to the following three Department of Labor Data maps to determine qualifying locations:
- Owned by a low-income individual, as defined in under HHS Poverty Guidelines. Firm is majority-owned by one or more individuals each with a low income. “Low income” means an individual whose income does not exceed the following levels, as reflected in last year’s tax return: $42,400 for metropolitan areas or $31,300 for non-metropolitan areas.
What is my time commitment to complete the FedMAP™ Program?
Time commitment for the four-month facilitated FedMAP™ curriculum will require approximately 8 – 10 hours per month, as follows:
- Participants meet with their Cohorts once monthly for 2 – 3 hours through a virtual meeting room.
- Participants meet one-to-one with the Capture Coach for one hour each month,
- Homework assignments will require an additional 4-6 hours of work each month.
Can I sign up more than one participant in FedMAP™ from my company?
Each eligible company can register up to three (3) participant The first participant will be the Primary participant and assigned to the first-available Cohort. We will add additional participants to a waiting list. Our policy is to fill seats with “Primary” participants first. If space remains after assigning all registered “Primary” participants, then additional company participants will be assigned to any remaining seats on a first come, first served basis. Register early to get your company’s participants on our waiting list.
Do I have to be a local firm to participate in FedMAP™?
No, FedMAP™ is a virtual curriculum and open to eligible companies nationwide.
What are the system requirements to participate in the FedMAP™?
- An Internet connection
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Word, PPT and Excel or Google Docs, Slides and Sheets
- Computer with Speakers and a Microphone (built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth)
- A webcam or HD webcam is preferred, but not mandatory
- Browser requirements:
- Internet Explorer 11+
- Google Chrome (57+)
- Firefox (52+)
- Safari 10+
How do I sign up for FedMAP™?
Fill out a FedMAP™ program application here.